teleMedicine Solutions for Organ Donation & Transplantation
CompuMed helps OPOs deliver more viable organs to transplant centers through rapid, remote expert reads across disciplines. Utilizing a network of expert doctors within a proprietary platform, CompuMed shortens cold-times and improves utilization rates by reading studies faster and transplant-focused while offering consultation to coordinators on every case. Our growing range of solutions include cardiology, radiology, pulmonology, pathology and diagnostic equipment.
Because different OPOs have different needs, we have developed a “modular” approach to our workflow solutions. This allows you to implement whichever “components” are needed to fit your workflow and allows expansion of other services as desired.
Did you know?
Over 60% of OPOs Rely on CompuMed
- ECG / EKG
- Echo (TTE & TEE)
- Serial Echo
- Cardiac Catheterization (Angiogram)
- Dobutamine Stress Echo
- 3D Rendering
Organ Procurement Program
State-of-the-Art Customer Portal
- Fully Capable PACS
- Multi-Modality Coverage (including Pathology)
- Flexible Image Upload and Sharing Options
- Integrated Diagnostic Tools
- Secure Cross-Platform Access (HIPAA Compliant)
- Retrospective Case Analytics
Integrate with your Donor Hospital & DCU
Universal DICOM Image-Sharing Platform
- Eliminate Burning Exams to Discs
- Reduce Time for Allocation
- Quickly Share Images with Transplant Centers
- More Efficient, Reliable, & Secure
- HIPAA Compliant
- Easy Setup
OPO Echo Training
Specialized OPO Coordinator Training
- Intense 5 Day Training Program
- Highly Specific for Donor/Transplant
- Condensed Protocol, Key Measurements
- At Local OPO Facility or On-Site Campus (LA, Phoenix)
- Portable Devices
What can Fast, Actionable Diagnostics do for You?
Maximize Organ Recovery Rate
Improve Donor Case Efficiencies
Increase Transplant Rates
Eliminate Surprises During Organ Recovery
Leading-edge Diagnostic Tools
- More detailed/accurate “Rich” data of organ structure
- Can rotate, section, measure (Volume, shape, fit)
- 3D visualization and dimensioning of vasculature & airways
- Virtually segment the liver into R & L halves for evaluation of split liver allocation
- Reduce OR Declines, Organ Discard
- Dramatic Impact for Pediatric (Heart, Lung, Split Liver)
- Real-time sharing, annotating, and collaboration
- Shareable link or QR code
- Viewable on any computer or mobile device
Deep learning AI equips pathologists with powerful and cloud-based technology to advance their image analysis tasks and workflows.
- Detects high quality tissue
- Identifies normal & sclerotic glomeruli
- Calculates glomerular density
- Improves speed & consistency of glomeruli evaluation
- Virtually stain slides in minutes
- Standardize stain quality
- Custom specialized stains
- Preserve tissue
With the clock ticking and every second counting, we really appreciate the responsiveness and turnaround times CompuMed provides us and we are pleased with the accuracy of their echo interpretations. They have really helped us expedite organ donor management and stay on track with organ allocation goals.
We have had limited ability to perform echocardiograms outside of normal clinic hours for years. Now that we have been working with CompuMed, we have been able to perform echocardiograms around the clock with the interpretations being done within the hour. We have been able to decrease our case time and maximize our organ yield leading to more lives being saved.
CompuMed’s services have helped us immensely with turnaround time, ease of uploading studies, quick and accurate interpretations, and Critical Care Consults that have helped us to place more hearts than in years past. We especially like partnering with CompuMed because their team is dedicated, available at a moment’s notice 24/7, and very responsive.
We were having a lot of difficulty getting a hospital to provide echos on potential heart donors and were not able to get repeat echos. It (echo training) has been huge to be able to do multiple echos. Also, the feedback from Dr. Shiroff has benefited us in our donor management intervention.
I just wanted to pass along my sincere thank you on behalf of ConnectLife and the recipients whose lives these transplants have impacted. I feel gratitude each day for being able to be so close to our mission when it comes to taking care of the donor and donor families and I just wanted to make sure you (CompuMed) knew how impactful your hard work and dedication is to the OPO and transplant world.
“We were a part of the world’s first HOPE Act (HIV+ to HIV+) donor heart transplant. The Echo was performed by our own coordinator trained by the CompuMed program and read by Dr. Vadali (CompuMed). I feel it’s a monumental moment! You can see the difference that it makes and it’s an awesome story!”
Read more about the first HIV positive heart transplant
For more information on how CompuMed can customize a diagnostic telemedicine solution for you, please contact: